Services offered by the Office of the Ombudsman for Academic Rights
The Office of the Ombudsman for Academic Rights was established to provide free attention to the University’s students and members of the academic community within the University, according to its Statute and Rules of Procedure.
The services offered to the academic community consist fundamentally on:
• Providing orientation about academic rights (Art. 9 3rd fraction of its Statute and Article 10, 3rd fraction of its Rules of Procedure).
• Receiving and dealing with complaints, claims, and inconformity reports that affect student’s and/or academic personnel’s academic rights (Article 1 of its Statute and Article 10, 3rd fraction of its Rules of Procedure).
• Requesting reports, researches and necessary studies to corresponding officials (Article 9 4th fraction of its Statute and Article 10 4th fraction of its Rules of Procedure).
• Promoting immediate and conciliatory solutions that end the academic right’s affectation (Article 9, 5th fraction of its Statute and Article 23, 2nd fraction of its Rules of Procedure).
• Safeguarding the implementation and compliance with the academic legal order by its community.
To file a complaint via Internet:
- Download the complaint format and fill out the indicated listings.
- Once reported, you will be required to assist to the headquarters of the Office of the Ombudsman of Academic Rights to ratify your report.
Location: 2nd Floor of Zona Cultural’s D Building (in front of Universum museum), Monday through Friday from 9 to 3 and 5 to 8.
56 22 62 20 al 22 and 01 800 062 862 6 (Free to call).